If you’d like to bring extra luggage over and above your free baggage allowance, you can pay to check in up to 7 extra bags per person online. If that isn't enough, then you can purchase up to 10 in total - you'll just need to do this at the airport.
Just head over to Online Check In if you'd like to buy additional baggage. Please remember that Online Check In opens 24 hours before departure.
Excess baggage charges are as follows:
Current excess baggage charges
|1st extra bag||GBP 65/USD 100
|1st extra sports piece||GBP 65/USD 100|
|2nd extra and subsequent bags||GBP 140/USD 200|
|Overweight bags (23 - 32Kg)*||GBP 65/USD100|
|Oversized bags*||GBP 40/USD 60|
Previous excess baggage charges, 1 of 1
There are a few extra things to take note of if you’re planning on exceeding your standard baggage allowance:
- Charges for additional luggage are payable each way.
- The British Pound (GBP) charges quoted above apply to all departures from the UK. For US departures, the US Dollar (USD) charge will be applied. For departures elsewhere, the British Pound charge will be converted into the local currency.
- Any bags weighing over 32kg will not be accepted.
- Sports Equipment - As part of your baggage allowance you can bring sports equipment onto your Virgin Atlantic flight at no extra cost. For any extra bags, you will be charged as per the table above. If it is overweight, you will accrue charges both for an extra bag and an overweight bag.
- If a bag is overweight and also oversize, then both the charges shown above will apply.
- Extra baggage cannot be purchased for infants.
- You'll need to purchase your extra baggage at the airport if you have a connecting flight operated by a different airline.
- Any excess baggage purchased is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Want additional baggage?
You can purchase it now through Online Check In.
If you want to take more than 10 bags with you on your trip, you should contact our friends at Virgin Atlantic Cargo, they’ll be happy to help.
If your trip involves a transfer from another airline, they may also charge an extra baggage fee, if your checked in bags exceed their limit. More on extra baggage charges for non Virgin operated flights.