Canadian visa information
Information for British citizens visiting Canada
- Visa-exempt foreign nationals need to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada.
- When you arrive you will need to be able to show that you have enough funds to support yourself during your stay.
- When travelling with children and only one parent is present, a letter of consent from the non-travelling parent should be carried.
If you are in any doubt about the entry requirements into Canada, please contact the Canadian High Commission.
- Your passport should be valid for the duration of your stay. No additional period of validity beyond this is necessary, however holders of passports with less than 6 months validity remaining may take longer to pass through immigration control.
- Please note - This guidance is for UK passport holders only. Passengers from other countries should check with the necessary Government department for travel information.
How to apply for your Canadian visa
We've partnered with VisaCentral, the global visa and passport experts, where for a fee they will apply for your Visa on your behalf. Earn 2 Flying Club miles for every £1 you spend.
You can also apply for your visa through the Canadian Embassy in London:
Canadian High Commission
Tel: 020 7258 6600
Mon - Fri, 09:30 - 12:30