Main Content

US visa and ESTA information

Tab Panel

You must have an e-Passport to travel to the US

All passengers travelling to the US on the Visa Waiver / ESTA programme from 1 April 2016 must have an e-Passport which contains an electronic chip.

You should see a symbol on the front if you have an e-Passport.

If you don't have one you will not be permitted to travel.

Tab Panel

US Embassy

Opening hours: Mon to Fri, 08.30 - 17.30

Telephone:  0207 499 9000


Tab Panel


Opening hours: Mon to Fri, 09.00 - 18.00

Telephone: 0844 381 4798



Tab Panel

Born in the US but hold a non-US passport?

A change in US government policy now means that anyone born in the United States is considered to be a US citizen. As a result, if you were born in the US but don’t hold a US passport, you’ll need a 'loss of nationality letter' to enter the country.

Please note that we are not able to carry passengers in these circumstances unless they have this letter, which can be obtained from the US embassy.

Search for flights