If you have any health or mobility worries about your flight, you’ll find the information you need for a smooth journey right here.
If you need to request special assistance, we recommend contacting our dedicated Special Assistance department or your travel agent at least 48 hours in advance of your scheduled time of departure.
- How to contact our Special Assistance team press enter to select
- How to contact the US Department of Transportation press enter to select
How to contact our Special Assistance team
If you require assistance at the airport, you can contact Virgin Atlantic and our dedicated Special Assistance department or your travel agent.
Please contact us to let us know what assistance you require.
Our Special Assistance team will confirm with you verbally that your requests are entered in your booking. We do not provide written confirmation.
If you're travelling from the UK, call our Special Assistance team
Tel: 0344 481 4455
TTY: 0344 209 0747
Fax: 0344 209 7373
Voice tel: 01293 747691
Mon - Fri 09:00 - 18:00 (UK local)
Bank holidays 09:00 to 17:00
Sunday and Christmas Closed
Calling from outside the UK? Have a look at our handy phone number list.
How to contact the US Department of Transportation
We always aim to provide a comfortable, stress-free service for all our customers.
If you do have any concerns regarding our services related to customers with disabilities, please let us know by reporting it to our special assistance team, or through our Help centre. Our airport staff and flight crew are also trained to help you should you require any assistance.
We are required by law to abide by the Air Carrier Access act, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in air travel.
- You can download a copy of regulation 14 CFR Part 382 from the Aviation Consumer Protection Division of the US Department of Transportation's website: http://www.transportation.gov/airconsumer
If you'd like a copy of regulation 14 CFR Part 382 in an accessible form you can contact:
- The Toll-Free Hotline for Air Travelers with Disabilities at 1-800-778-4838(voice) or 1-800-45509880 (TTY) from within the United States
- Or the Aviation Consumer Protection Division at 202-366-2220 (voice) or 202-366-0511 (TTY)
- Or by mail to the Air Consumer Protection Division, C-75, U.S. Department of Transportation, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE., West Building, Room W96-423, Washington DC 20590