Orlando travel tips
Top travel tips
- Want to beat the queues at the most popular Orlando theme parks – and save money on your entrance fare besides? You can pre-book tickets to all of the major attractions ahead of time (and at discounted rates).
- No Orlando holiday is complete without visiting the city’s theme parks, to be sure. But to see Orlando as the locals do, venture 15-20 miles northeast of the parks to neighbourhoods like Downtown Orlando, College Park and Winter Park, where you’ll find fantastic restaurants, shopping and nightlife.
- If golfing and Disney World are two of your favourite things, then consider purchasing a Disney Platinum Plus Pass. Not only does the pass include access to all four Walt Disney World parks, but it also comes with unlimited access to Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course.
- In-land Orlando doesn’t have beach access of its own, but it isn’t far to venture to the nearest stretch of beautiful Floridian coastline. Some of the best beach options in the vicinity include Cocoa Beach and Daytona Beach, which are both only an hour and a half away.
- If you fancy a bit of late night shopping, get your wallet out and head over to Orlando Premium Outlets. Here, you’ll find more than 180 shops selling name brand and designer shops – and better yet, they’re open until 11 pm, six nights a week.