We're here to help
It’s never pleasant to find out your bags are delayed or lost, and the last thing we want is for your trip to be spoiled because of it.
If your baggage does not appear on the baggage belt, please make sure you speak with baggage hall staff and make a report (known as a PIR - Property Irregularity Report ) there and then. We can’t begin to look for your bag and neither can we accept responsibility for delayed luggage unless you report it before leaving the airport.
We take delayed baggage seriously:
- We have baggage services staff at every airport we fly into. If they’re not by the baggage belt, you’ll find them at a service desk within the baggage hall area.
- Our Central Baggage Tracing and Claims departments are situated in the UK.
- We belong to the global baggage tracing network, WorldTracer – linking us to the baggage offices of more than 2,200 airport locations.
When reporting delayed baggage to our baggage hall staff:
- Be sure to give us an accurate description of your bag – any distinguishing features you can think of will help us to locate it more easily. It’s always worth having a picture of your luggage on your phone, just in case.
- You’ll be able to monitor the progress of the tracing procedure in relation to your bag. Get in touch with our baggage services staff at the airport where you reported your delayed bag, or our central baggage tracing department in the UK. Alternatively you can login to our baggage tracing page to check online (you’ll need the 10-character reference number we give you when you report the delay).
- Contact numbers for our baggage services are listed by airport.
Baggage tracing contact numbers
|London Heathrow||Tel: 0344 209 7304|
|London Gatwick||Tel: 0344 209 7304|
|Manchester||Tel: 0344 209 7304|
|USA||Tel: 1800 880 6253|
|Hong Kong||Tel: 852 221 61025|
|Shanghai||Tel: 008621 6835 5680|
|Johannesburg||Tel: 002711 929 6000|
|Delhi||Tel: 009111 4963 9013|
|St. Lucia||Tel: (758) 454 8186|
|Barbados||Tel: (246) 420 1956|
Send your claim to our UK address:
(Unless you’re a US resident)
For US residents, send your claim to:
Virgin Atlantic - Baggage Claims
PO Box 569
Prefer to email?
You can also email and attach scanned images of all your purchase receipts.
Once we’ve found your baggage
As soon as we locate your baggage, we’ll arrange for it to be delivered to you. Unfortunately, due to customs regulations we are unable to deliver delayed baggage to addresses in Lagos - you will need to collect it from the airport yourself.
If we can't find your baggage
If we’re unable to locate your bag within 21 days of you reporting its delay to our airport staff, we’re very sorry, and at this point we will declare it ‘irretrievably lost’.
If you don't have travel insurance and you need to make a claim, take a look at our making a baggage claim page.
Buying essential items when your baggage is delayed
More information on buying essential items when baggage is delayed.