You are here on our website:
Virgin Atlantic to launch only direct flight between London Heathrow and Barbados
- Virgin Atlantic is set to launch the only direct link between London Heathrow and Barbados
- It is the sixth new service to be launched by the airline in 2017, alongside Seattle, Varadero and expansion at Manchester
- Thanks to Virgin Atlantic’s codeshare with FlyBe, regions including Scotland will enjoy easy connections to Barbados
Virgin Atlantic has today announced plans to launch the only direct flight from London Heathrow to Barbados. The new, twice weekly service will launch on 12 December 2017 to help make Christmas in the Caribbean a reality for even more holidaymakers. Flights will be on sale from Monday 27 February.
The new flights will operate on Tuesdays and Saturdays as part of the winter 2017 schedule using an Airbus A330. This new service means that Virgin Atlantic will now offer up to 11 Barbados flights per week from three UK Airports (Gatwick, Manchester and Heathrow).
Heathrow-Barbados will become Virgin Atlantic’s sixth new service to launch in 2017 – with flights to Seattle, Varadero (Cuba), Boston, New York and San Francisco launching in spring 2017. In addition, Virgin Atlantic’s recently extended codeshare agreement with FlyBe will mean that customers from Scotland can now easily connect from Edinburgh and Aberdeen airports to Barbados via London Heathrow.
Shai Weiss, Chief Commercial Officer at Virgin Atlantic commented;
“The Caribbean has always been a core market for Virgin Atlantic and so we’re excited to announce we’re offering more choice to our customers with the option of flying from Heathrow, Gatwick or Manchester direct to Barbados.”
Virgin Atlantic has seen strong demand for their Upper Class and Premium Economy cabins on Barbados flights and so took the opportunity to utilise an A330. This aircraft will be fully configured with 33 Upper Class, 48 Premium Economy and 185 Economy seats, allowing more customers to experience Virgin Atlantic’s award winning service.
Virgin Atlantic will fly twice weekly from London Heathrow to Barbados and is offering return Economy fares from £649 per person including tax. For further information visit our website or call 0844 2092 770
New Virgin Atlantic services in 2017:
- 26 March: London Heathrow – Seattle
- 28 March: Manchester – San Francisco
- 29 March: Manchester – Boston
- 02 April: London Gatwick – Varadero
- 25 May: Manchester – New York
- 12 December: London Heathrow – Barbados
About Virgin Atlantic, 1 of 1