Our partnership with Delta Air Lines®
Virgin Atlantic’s partnership with Delta Air Lines® is one that truly redefines transatlantic travel. Not only do we fly to over 200 destinations in the US and Canada, we’re also the most connected transatlantic partnership with WiFi on all flights, we’re co-located at key international airports with convenient schedules and we have mutually rewarding loyalty programmes.
And onboard both airlines, you’ll experience intuitive, personal service, award winning entertainment, innovative products and stylish comfort in some of the best premium cabins in the sky.
The benefits of our partnership
- Virgin Atlantic and Delta Air Lines are co-located at key airports like London Heathrow, New York JFK, Newark and Los Angeles LAX, arriving and departing from the same shared space for easy, seamless and stress free connections.
- If you have a connecting flight, you can book your whole trip with one ticket and your bags will be checked right through to your end destination.
- Choose your seat in advance without any charge in Economy Classic, Economy Delight, Premium or Upper Class on Virgin Atlantic flights and in most Delta cabins*.
- Settle down to the latest and greatest TV, movies, music, games, streaming and more on your own seatback TV with Vera – our inflight entertainment system - and Delta Studio® on Delta flights. We also have audio description on Virgin Atlantic flights for blind or visually impaired customers.
- Get a good flight’s sleep in fully flat beds with direct aisle access in Upper Class or Delta One®.
- If you’re travelling Virgin Atlantic Upper Class or Delta One®, you can top and tail your journey perfectly with a chauffeur driven car and exclusive lounge access, designed to relax, inspire and refresh. Experience everything Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses and Delta Sky Club® have to offer at many of our international destinations. Explore our Clubhouses
Our joint network
Our most popular destinations, more often
Our partnership is designed to make travel planning easy and as seamless as possible. In total, we now have over 40 daily direct flights between the UK and the US, depending on the season.
With Delta, we’ll take you to our most popular destinations more often. For example, we now have nine conveniently timed, daily direct flights to New York from London Heathrow between us.
Connecting with Delta for even more choice to US cities
Our partnership with Delta means we can connect to over 200 of the best destinations in the US, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. Delta also have a daily flight straight to Philadelphia and Detroit, one of the world’s best connecting airports.
And now that we operate one of Delta’s three direct flights from London Heathrow to Atlanta, we can connect you to even more places, like Hawaii, Portland or New Orleans.
Mutually rewarding loyalty programmes
Virgin Atlantic Flying Club and Delta SkyMiles® loyalty programmes give you more benefits every time you fly, including priority boarding, exclusive lounge access, Reward Flights and more.
And you can easily earn and spend miles on any Virgin Atlantic or Delta Air Lines flight worldwide. The mileage, Tier Points and tier bonuses earned by Flying Club members on Delta flights are now the same as on Virgin Atlantic flights.
- If you’re a Flying Club member, you’ll earn miles on any Delta flight anywhere in the world, even if you’re not connecting from a Virgin Atlantic flight.
- If you’re a Delta SkyMiles® member you can earn and spend Medallion Qualification Miles on qualifying Virgin Atlantic flights.
- Gold and Silver Flying Club members will earn their Tier mileage bonus on Delta Air Lines flights.
- Gold members will get additional airport benefits when flying with Delta Air Lines.
Find out more about earning and spending Flying Club miles with Delta.
Discover the benefits of Virgin Atlantic's Flying Club.
Our shared spaces at London Heathrow
Transferring between terminals
If you’re catching a Virgin Atlantic or Delta flight from another airline, please follow the purple signs for ‘Flight Connections’ where a bus will take you to Terminal 3. This is a free service departing every 6 to 10 minutes. Please allow about 20 minutes to travel between terminals.
For more information on connections and transfers, please visit Heathrow Airport’s guide to getting between terminals.
Upper Class Wing
Drive Thru Check In and Private Security Channel in the Upper Class Wing makes departing a dream.
Upper Class and Delta One passengers can relax and unwind in the Clubhouse with a drink, unique dishes and a Spa treatment.
On arrival back at Heathrow Terminal 3, you can make use of the Revivals lounge to reinvigorate and re-energise after your flight. A power shower, suit pressing service, a hot cooked breakfast and newspapers will set you up for the day.