Fixed price upgrades - Terms and conditions
1. Upgrades may be available on “Qualifying Flights” (as defined below) from (i) the Economy cabin to Premium Economy cabin, (ii) the Economy cabin to the Upper Class cabin and (iii) the Premium Economy cabin to the Upper Class cabin.
2. Upgrades are offered at Virgin’s discretion on a first come first served basis, subject to availability and in certain periods they may not be available.
3. Seats available on each Qualifying Flight are limited and may be fully booked during peak periods. Upgrades may not be available on all flights.
4. Virgin Atlantic accepts no liability if upgrade seats in the Premium Economy or Upper Class cabin are not available on a given date even though seats may still be available at a different fare or booking class in that same cabin.
5. A “Qualifying Flight” is a one-way flight flown on services operated by Virgin Atlantic (but not on flights operated by codeshare partners).
6. When upgrades are purchased on board, all baggage allowances and specific product benefits received on the ground relating to the Upper Class and Premium Economy cabins (including but not limited to the use of Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse, Revivals and Business Class Lounges, Chauffeur Driven Car Service and Priority Baggage Delivery) remain the same as those of the original ticket purchased.
7. For any passenger travelling with an infant, one infant on the same booking may upgrade free of charge but must be seated in the same seat as the passenger upgrading.
8. In case of a flight cancellation or diversion due to operational irregularities, if a passenger is re-booked on another carrier, the upgrade fee will be refunded and the passenger will be booked in the equivalent class of cabin as purchased on their original ticket. If the passenger is re-booked on Virgin Atlantic, we will attempt to accommodate a passenger in Premium Economy/Upper Class (as applicable) provided it is available. If seats in Premium Economy/Upper Class are not available, the upgrade fee will be refunded and the passenger will be seated in the cabin class as purchased on their original ticket. If a refund of the original purchased ticket is applicable, the refund will be in accordance with the fare rules applicable at the time of the original purchase.
9. Passengers who are travelling on Qualifying Flights on multi-sector journeys wishing to upgrade for their entire journey will be required to pay the applicable upgrade fee + related taxes for the entire journey.
Passengers who are travelling on Qualifying Flights on multi-sector journeys wishing to upgrade for only one sector will be required to pay the applicable upgrade fee + related taxes for that sector.
10. Upgrades are not transferable to another passenger and no cash or credit alternatives will be offered.
11. Members of Virgin Atlantic Flying Club will receive miles and tier points for the original class booked, not for the actual cabin in which they flew.
12. All passengers are carried by Virgin Atlantic in accordance with its General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage and its Conditions of Contract (as may be amended from time to time).
13. In the event there is a conflict between these terms and conditions and the General Conditions of Carriage, the General Conditions of Carriage will prevail.
14. Virgin Atlantic reserves the right to cancel or amend any or all of these terms and conditions, without notice and at any time.
15. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and are subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Published: 13th November 2016